Wednesday, January 16, 2008

first class/observation

I really did not know what to expect going into this class. After the first class I think I am going to really like it! It is a lot different than any of my other classes this semester and I think that most classes if not every is going to be very fun! I liked that we did the icebreaker activity so that we were all able to get to know each other and become comfortable with everyone.

For the ten minute observation I sat in convo. I noticed many different emotions and body language with each person that I watched. Some people seemed to be there only to eat and leave while others used it as a time to socialize. The people who just wanted to eat seemed quiet and focused on their food and ignored others around them. Other people who were socializing and eating were talking with the people at their table, laughing, and moving around in their chairs. They also seemed to ignore the behaviors of other people around them because their attention was focused on the people that they were sitting with. Observing different people in the same setting can tell you a lot about them!

No comments: