Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Eye of the Storm

You know how the whole hurricane thing works.... its all stormy and yucky and then all of a sudden its peaceful, calm, relaxing... just good. But everyone knows that the worst is yet to come and as soon as the peace came, the ugly pokes back its head in and brews up a wicked awful storm. This week has been a hurricane for me. It started out awful and then just got worse and worse. Today though was just pretty incredible. not in the, everything was super, kinda way but it was just interesting. It started out with getting yelled at by one of my 3 bosses, and having my hair expand 300 times its normal volume due to this silly rain and humidity. I missed classes on Monday because i was sick so i had a butt load and a half of work to do and i was completely terrified of my art classes and how behind i would be and how i might have to drop out of school and live in my parents shed in the backyard and make a living selling macaroni necklaces. Luckily, i did catch up, a good thing, i never did get the hang of the mac necklaces... why waist perfectly good mac and cheese? After all of the chaos was over i felt relived and at peace with myself and the world around me... i felt content which was so lovely after feeling so lost and confused. Anyway, this is a super long way of saying, are the bad times worth it? If i feel so wonderful now in comparison to how i did this morning i have to say yes. And i know that something is bound to come along and let me not be at peace, and i will no doubt freak out and drink way to much caffeine in order to attempt to fix the situation, however without the bad, i wouldn't be able to appreciate the good. I'm in the eye of my own storm, and i cant wait until the next one comes along.

No comments: